This is the website of Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, as recognized by the state of Georgia.
Our postal address is:
6601 Zebulon Rd, Macon, Georgia 31220
Last updated: 1/24/2017
By visiting Rescuemissionga.com and its subdomains, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Information and other data we collect:
- When you register for a service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information, Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia, Inc. collects personal information.
- Rescuemissionga.com servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our services, including your IP address, country, browser type, visit duration, operating systems, and search keywords and key phrases.
Information You Provide: We will not sell or trade your personal information to any other entity in existence unless we receive written permission from you. We use the information that you present for such purposes as communicating with you, responding to your requests, and improving our site and services. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You may choose not to offer certain information, but then you might not be able to benefit from our many features. When you donate to rescuemissionga.com, we do not collect and store the information you provide, as our donations go through a secure third party.
Affiliated sites: We offer some of our services in connection with other websites and their vendors.
Links: Rescuemissionga.com may present links in a format that allows us to track if these links have been followed. We use this information to customize content and improve the quality of our technology.
In addition to the above stated purposes of shared personal information, your personal information may be collected for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the technical function of our network;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to sustain, protect, and improve our digital services; and
- developing new services.
If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
III. Types of Data We Collect
There are two types of data that we collect:
- Personal and donor information you knowingly choose to disclose and share and which is collected on an individual basis; and,
- Website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal and donor information: During your interactions with us in person, through the mail, by email, by phone, online, or using our website, you may decide to give us personally identifying information such as your name, email addresses, street addresses, phone number, financial data, and other such information. This may occur when you donate or register on our site. We collect this information to serve you through answering questions, responding to requests, receiving donations, processing financial transactions, maintaining records, giving history, contacting you about future events and services, maintaining online accounts, expanding our database, and for tax purposes.
If you give to the Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia, you may voluntarily give us bank or credit card information in order to process your transaction. The safety and security of your banking and/or credit card information is our top priority. We work with trusted third-party payment processors who conform to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI) for receiving and processing your financial transactions. Along with other companies, we conform to all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations required to receive and process information regarding donations. The companies we work with to process credit card transactions have passed a Level 1 PCI DSS audit.
Website Use Information: We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit https://www.rescuemissionga.com, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. In addition, we collect non-personally identifying information through the use of technologies such as cookies and pixel tags to automatically aggregate and store certain types of information whenever you visit or interact with our website. This information may include the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you visited our site, browsing history, website usage, the type of device with which you accessed our site, certain login information, country, and other such information. We use this information to measure and track how visitors use the different sections of our site, what devices they are using, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors in the future.
IV. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal data, sometimes combined with the non-personal data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Identify when you visit our sites.
- Measure and track how visitors use the different sections and sites.
- Identify the devices being used.
- Help us make our site more useful.
- Provide service communications.
- Provide information, opportunities, and services you request or that we think you might be interested in.
- Respond to your emails or online requests.
We or other third-party companies also use the non-personal data to provide advertisements and marketing to you and help expand our database. Please note that when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the Mission, you may be subject to the privacy policies of those third-party sites.
V. How We Share Your Data
We share your personal data, sometimes combined with non-personal data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, the below:
- Third Party Donor Management – We work with a trusted third-party company and use their software to track, manage, and update your personally identifying information, communication and donation history, mailing and communication preferences, and credit card and bank information for processing donations. This company keeps a secure copy of our database to help us best respond to your requests, manage the processing or your donation, and continue to improve your experience with the Mission.
- Third Party Payment Processing – We use a third-party payment processor to process financial donations to the Mission. When you make donations to the Mission, we may transfer certain information, including personally identifiable information, to these payment processors for the purpose of facilitating the financial transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card and/or bank information. The companies we work with to process credit card transactions have passed a Level 1 PCI DSS audit.
- Marketing and Mailings – We may also share your personally identifying information including name, address, phone number, email, or donation history with trusted third-party companies for the purpose of marketing and creating mailings and marketing material such as receipts, reminder letters, and other special updates from the Mission, as well as growing our database to find email addresses and phone numbers for our constituents. If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. If at any time you decide you want to change the types of mailings we send to you, you can contact us to let us know the kinds of information you would like to receive. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Legally Mandated Disclosures – Though we make every effort to preserve donor and customer privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when we believe such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
VI. How You Can Change or Manage Your Personal Data
We rely on you to update and correct your personal data. If you are a user of our sites, subscriber to our publications, donor, or user of our services, you can update and correct your information, customize the types of communications you receive from us, or opt-out entirely by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typically, we retain your personal data indefinitely, in order to provide you with future opportunities and other purposes, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce any of our agreements.
When you contact us, you may be required to provide us details to verify your identity. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or we are unable to verify your identity.
Our website sends cookies (e.g., pieces of code or small text files placed on your computer by us or third-parties when you browse our sites) to your browser (if your browser’s preferences allow it) to collect data when you browse our sites. Our cookies may record information about how you use our website so that we can continue to customize and optimize your online experience with us. When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages, comment forms, or donation pages, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Cookie settings can be controlled in your Internet browser to automatically reject some forms of cookies. If you view our website without changing your cookie settings, you are indicating your consent to receive all cookies from our sites. If you do not allow cookies, some features and functionality of our sites may not operate as expected. We are not responsible for any failure by you or your browser to accurately implement or communicate your browser preferences or settings.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian wishes to spend time online with their children to use our site to help children learn about homelessness in our community, we recommend that the parent or legal guardian be present at all times and that they consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help supervise their children’s online activities. These tools can also help prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission. No information should be submitted to our website by visitors under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are concerned that your child’s information may have been submitted to us unknowingly, please contact us and let us know.
IX. How We Protect Personal Data
The Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia uses commercially reasonable security measures, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible and to protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The Mission helps to protect your information by working with partners that provide a secure and safe environment for credit card donations. All information is stored in a secure database. When finished with applications that require the input of your personal information, it is always recommended that you close or otherwise exit all instances of your browser.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Despite our reasonable efforts to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, the Mission cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the personal data you transmit to us, or to or from our online sites.
X. Breach Notification
In the event that we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, U.S. mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
XI. Linking to Other Internet Sites
Last revised April 2022.